KRISTALLY DELICOUS
Sept 4th
We were treated to a monumental breakfast of Pancakes and freshly-squeezed cow-juice, after which Courteney and I were good-naturedly humiliated by being thrashed at basketball by Julika’s little cousin; we forgot our problems with a bit more splashing about in the water, this time in the full sunshine. Then we made our way back to Tallinn, where we met Kristi, who prepared a grand delicious meal for us. And we were only three hours late, which is good for us. Now, I’d perhaps over-emphatically told Kristi that this dinner was the highlight of my entire trip, so I’d better adopt the tone of this Flog entry accordingly. Ahem.
Upon our entry to Kristi’s Kitchen of delights, our very senses were enwrapped in a sublime ecstasy, sure God’s own Manna could not provoke such an overwhelming onslaught of unrelenting hedonistic delight; And the taste! I could hear the buds on my tongue cry out in earnest and unanimous gratitude that I had led them to this place, their entire existence so obviously leading up to this moment. As I chewed, more taste explosions rocked my very soul, its texture as soft as feathers, yet as succulent as honey-tinted spring-water. And as the last mouthful disappeared down my oesophagus, my heart cried out “More, more, dear God, give me more!” a part of me knowing that as the gastronomic orgasm subsided, there could be no repeat performance, and a little part of me died inside. But its memory lives on, and as I think of Kristi’s cooking, a sad smile spreads across my face, and I know that one day – one day – I will taste it again, and I pray that the time between that day and this one, somehow quickens its pace.
In other words, it was good grub.
No comments:
Post a Comment